Ewyas Harold Group Parish Council
Ewyas Harold Group Parish Council is inviting applications for a part-time self employed Lengthsman for the 2018/19 scheme.
The modern Lengthsman is a locally employed person who can really make a difference to the community environment by maintaining roadside verges and drainage. The role may be expanded to tackle other small-scale maintenance work. The contract is for one year only but may be extended. This post is not gender specific and the Parish Council welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
The parish lengthsman must:
- Maintain £5M of Public Liability insurance and ensure this covers all scope of works
- Provide risk assessments and any safe systems of work to the parish council
- Provide evidence of training and competency for required works
- Attend any required organised Health and Safety training
- Provide written reports to the parish council, liaise with the Balfour Beatty Locality Steward and Cllr Wrigglesworth.
- Carry out works as per an agreed schedule of dates and priority
For more information or details of the scope of works covered by the scheme, please contact the parish clerk, Claire Griffiths on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07717 478272. Tenders to be submitted by Monday 5th February to the Clerk above or 22 Closure Place, Peterchurch, HR2 0RS
Your Parish council = The closest tier of government to you. The voice of local people.
Agendas will be posted on notice boards and this website,
Minutes will be posted within one month of the previous meeting.
Neighbourhood Development Plan
- meets European regulations
- has regard to national policies
- is in general conformity with the strategic policies in the development plan (Core Strategy)
- is compatible with adjoining neighbourhood plans
- contributes to the achievement of sustainable development.