Draft Minutes

Draft Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council that will be held on Tuesday 14th February 2017 at 6.30pm at St Michaels Hall, Ewyas Harold

 

Present:  Cllr P Jinman (EH) – Chairman, Cllr C Pogson(L) Cllr S Eynon (EH), Cllr M Wrigglesworth (EH), and Cllr R Evans (D).

In attendance:  PCSO F Witcher, Ward Cllr G Powell, Claire Griffiths (Clerk) and a member of the public

 

1 To accept Apologies for Absence
  Cllr S Probert (EH), Cllr M Watkins (R), Cllr S Clayton (R),  Cllr L Overstall (D), Cllr Julie Watkins-Thomas (EH), Cllr A Loudon (EH)

 

2 To receive Declarations of Interest & Dispensation Applications
  None received

 

3 To consider Minutes of the Previous Meeting – 10th January 2017
  The Minutes of the Meeting held on 10th January 2017, copies of which had been previously circulated to Members, were confirmed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.

 

4 Open Forum
  4.1  PCSO Witcher gave an update on recent activity in the parishes.  PCSO Witcher left the meeting.
  4.2  Cllr Powell gave a report, please see appendix 1 It was requested that people complete the consultation regarding Herefordshire Home Point. Clerk to circulate                                Action:  Clerk
  4.3  There was no report from the Parish Paths Officer
  4.4  There were no comments from the public
   
5 To receive Clerk Update and to note Correspondence List

5.1 Resolved: Communication and response received

5.2 Resolved: Communication received

5.3 Resolved: Complaints regarding Pontrilas Sawmills have been taken up with Kilpeck Parish Council.  Cllr John Johnson is perusing this.  The A465 cleanliness and markings are being reviewed

5.4 PAT testing letter and previous documentation passed to Recreation Ground working group to follow up.                                                                                                                                      Action: RGWG

5.5 Resolved: Unanimously agreed for Sonia Carey to be nominated for Community Champion. Completing form delegated to Cllr Jinman                                                                                     Action: PJ

   
6 To receive an update on Neighbourhood Development Plan
  Received 14th Feb 2017 draft for submission to Herefordshire Council for the regulation 16 consultation.  To be circulated and all to consider and  to send comments to the clerk      Action: All

 

7 To receive Kemble Working Group Update

The report from the working group was received and approved

 

8 Lengthsman Scheme (incorporating the P3 scheme)

8.1  None received. Lengthsman Terry Griffiths to contact Cllr M Wrigglesworth                Action: TG

8.2  Completion of Annual Maintenance Plan has been delegated to Cllr C Pogson. Clerk to send last years as a comparison                                                                                            Action:  CP and clerk

8.3  provision of expenditure for Q4 16/17 delegated to clerk to complete                      Action: clerk

8.4  Resolved to purchase 4 self closing gates with fixtures and fittings. Cllr M Wrigglesworth to organise                                                                                                                                            Action: MW

8.5  Resolved to replace rotten gate posts with tubular steel ones. Cllr M Wrigglesworth to organise                                                                                                                                            Action: MW

 

9

 

Planning

9.1  To consider comments on planning application 164098 & 164099 Church of St Michael and All Angels, Dulas, Herefordshire, HR2 0HL change of use and listed building consent.

Resolved that this application was supported with comments that as people are buried there with relatives that are at distance, some attempt should be made to contact the relatives and notify them of the intended use for the church.  That as the site is believed to have ecological value, notably botanic, an ecology survey should be undertaken.  Should the survey show such value, and should the permission be granted, plans should be put in place to protect the site before any building work or occupation is undertaken and appropriate consequent monitoring instigated.

9.2  To consider comments on planning application 163942 Lower House Farm, Olde Shoppe Lands, Ewyas Harold. 2 new properties.

Resolved that this application was supported.

9.3  To consider comments on planning application P164114/F Pontrilas Sawmills Pontrilas Hereford Herefordshire HR2 0BE Proposed construction of new conversion/grading building.

Resolved that this application was supported with comments that landscaping be completed within 12 months and that there should be no overall increase and ideally a decrease in light pollution, noise and dust from the entire site.  EHGPC expressed concern lest the increased efficiency being suggested lead to an increase in working house and road traffic, notably heavy vehicles.

 

10 Finance

10.1  To consider approval for payment of the retention for Collins Design & Build

Delegated to Recreation Ground Working Group                                                                 Action: RGWG

  10.2  Resolved Payments approved – as per schedule
   
11 Recreation Ground
  11.1  Soil that has backed up by the gate can be easily fixed.  Soil that has sunk near the man hole cover needs filling. Play area needs cleaning and is showing signs of wear.  Equipment needs to be reviewed and look at ways to extend life.  RGWG to investigate                                      Action: RGWG

11.2 To agree recreation ground inspection rota for 2017

Resolved and agreed

11.3  To consider cleaning time allocation for the pavilion

RGWG to monitor ongoing and discuss frequency needed                                                Action: RGWG

   
12 To receive update on Ewyas Harold Islands Scheme
  Rediweld have agreed to pay for the traffic management system.  Island installation has been scheduled for 27th March 2017.  It has been delegated to Cllr P Jinman and clerk to notify the local residents                                                                                                                              Action: PJ and clerk

 

13 Items for Newsletter

Neighbourhood development plan, notification of island.  Clerk to prepare.  All to think of anything else that can be added                                                                                                                      Action: All

   
14

 

 

15

 

 

 

 

 

16

 

 

 

 

 

17

 

 

 

18

 

 

 

 

 

19

 

 

 

 

20

Change of address forms

Delegated to clerk to complete                                                                                                   Action: clerk

 

Update from Linzy Outtrim, Senior Locality Steward – Golden Valley Balfour Beatty

Resolved clerk met with Linzy Outtrim Senior Locality Steward – Golden Valley Balfour Beatty and now has an understanding of pot hole criteria. Weekly updates from Linzy in relation to the area will be circulated

 

Matters for Next Agenda (no discussion)

Change of footpaths notification

HALC invoice

Recreation ground working group matters

 

Training for Clerk

Resolved: Agreed for Clerk to book on and attend What’s my role? Part 1 of CILCA training

 

SID Deployment Requests to Existing Bases (April 2017-March 2018)

Council discussed SID and possible placement. Unanimously agreed that it may be beneficial on the Longtown / Dulas road into the village centre.  Clerk to investigate how much a base would be and any other relevant information                                                                                           Action: clerk

 

Data Protection Renewal

Unsure if this is a legitimate notification. Clerk to ask advice from HALC                           Action: clerk

 

Any Other Business

20.1  Communication Levels

Clerk to investigate how other parish councils communicate with each other in the following month it was agreed that the clerk would send 1 email per week with updates unless matters arise that require urgent attention                                                                                                      Action: clerk

20.2  BT Payphones Consultation

Resolved: distributed for information

20.3  Annual Play Inspection

Clerk to investigate if this person is suitably qualified                                                            Action: clerk

20.4  Waste charges consultation

Clerk to circulate and requests comments back to the clerk for compilation                         Action: all

 

Meeting closed at 9.05pm

 

Payee Item Total (inc. VAT) Total (exc. VAT) Budget
CT Groundcare Cleaning of Recreation Ground and emptying litter bins £140.00 £140.00  
Miss C Griffiths Clerk’s salary for January 2017 – as per regular payment schedule and contract of employment To include:

PAYE £6.40

NI EE £33.35

NI ER £37.80

To include:

PAYE £6.40

NI EE £33.35

NI ER £37.80

 

18

18

18

Miss C Griffiths Postage / travel

Postage

Travel

 

£4.69

£38.25

 

£4.69

£38.25

 

7

7

 

 

Action

Who
Circulate Cllr G Powell’s report with Herefordshire Homepoint consultation clerk
Organise PAT testing RGWG
Community Champion paperwork PJ
Review Neighbourhood Development Plan All
Contact Cllr M Wrgglesworth TG
Completion of Annual Maintenance Plan has been delegated to Cllr C Pogson. Clerk to send last years as a comparison CP and clerk
provision of expenditure for Q4 16/17 clerk
purchase 4 self closing gates with fixtures and fittings MW
replace rotten gate posts with tubular steel ones MW
To consider approval for payment of the retention for Collins Design & Build RGWG
Soil that has backed up by the gate can be easily fixed.  Soil that has sunk near the man hole cover needs filling. Play area needs cleaning and is showing signs of wear.  Equipment needs to be reviewed and look at ways to extend life.  RGWG to investigate RGWG
consider cleaning time allocation for the pavilion RGWG
Notify residents of Ewyas Harold Islands Scheme PJ and clerk
Items for newsletter All
Change of address forms Clerk
SID investigation Clerk
Data protection renewal investigation Clerk
How parish councils communicate investigation Clerk
Annual Play Inspector Investigation Clerk
Waste charges consultation All