January 2017

Minutes of the Meeting of Ewyas Harold Group Parish Council held on Tuesday 10th January 2017 at

St Michaels Hall, Ewyas Harold at 6.30pm

 

Present:  Cllr P Jinman (EH) – Chairman, Cllr S Eynon (EH), Cllr M Wrigglesworth (EH), Cllr S Probert (EH), Cllr M Watkins (R), Cllr S Clayton (R),  Cllr L Overstall (D) and Cllr R Evans (D).

In attendance:  Claire Griffiths (Clerk)

 

  1. To accept Apologies for Absence

Ward Cllr G Powell, J Wilson-Thomas (EH), Cllr A Loudon (EH) and Cllr C Pogson (L).

 

  1. To receive Declarations of Interest & Dispensation Applications

Cllr Watkins declared a non-pecuniary interest in item 5.1.

 

  1. To consider Minutes of the Previous Meeting

The Minutes of the Meeting held on 13th December 2016, copies of which had been previously circulated to Members, were confirmed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.

 

  1. Open Forum
4.1  There was no report from the Local Policing Team
4.2  There was no report from the Ward Councillor
4.3  Glebe Field to Caeflwyn and step by Pontrilas Merchants Cllr M Wrigglesworth to discuss with lengthsman.

                                                                                                                                                                           Action: MW

4.4  There were no local residents present.

Cllr S Probert raised concerns over mud, lack of road marks, cats eyes on A465 outside Pontrilas Sawmills. Clerk to contact surrounding parish councils, Linzy Outtrim Senior Locality Steward – Golden Valley | Balfour Beatty and local police team                                                                                                                      Action:  Clerk

Cllr L Overstall raised concerns over re-occurring and new pot holes in the parish. Requested that pothole depths are measured and reported. Clerk to report to Linzy                                                              Action:  Clerk

Signage on main A465 is becoming a problem. Cllr Jinman to contact ward Cllr                                   Action: PJ
Drain by Wier end is still blocked as of 10/01/17 Clerk to contact Linzy                                        Action:  Clerk
Pontrilas Rd, near Lion Terrance houses – tarmac is becoming gravelly. Clerk to contact Linzy  Action:  Clerk

 

  1. To receive Clerk Update and to note Correspondence List

The clerk’s update and correspondence list was noted.  Article from St Micheals Hospice has been received for the newsletter and agreed for it to be looked at in February.

 

Resolved  Complaint was received regarding lights being left on, windows being left open, football goals moved and parents parking during football matches. Cllr Watkins attended the pavilion and will be feeding back to the Football Club.  Clerk to write to resident.                                                    Action: MW & Clerk

 

5.1       Resolved Council noted that clerk had obtained advice from insurers and from HALC [Herefordshire Association of Local Councils].

 

  1. To receive an update on Neighbourhood Development Plan

It had been requested that Kirkwells proof read for typos, no further feedback had been received.

 

  1. Lengthsman Scheme (incorporating the P3 scheme)
    • Invoices and worksheets submitted to clerk.

Resolved Cllr Wrigglesworth to liaise with the lengthsman and parish paths officer regarding the work required and for the works outlined in the parish paths report to be undertaken. Future work plans to be brought to council for approval before more works are undertaken.                                        Action: MW

                                                                                                                                   

8      To consider Parish clerk role

8.1  Business Mobile Phone

Resolved Clerk to organise Business mobile phone with EE at £17 per month exc VAT           Action:  Clerk

8.2  Pension Scheme

Resolved Clerk to continue on same pension scheme as previous clerk. Papers to be sent    Action:  Clerk

8.3  Method of payment

Resolved Council agreed to pay main salary via standing order, suggested investigating paying cheques via the post office. Clerk to investigate                                                                                               Action:  Clerk

 

  1. Finance

9.1  Resolved  cheque to be raise in February with letter regarding soil that has soaked away  Action:  Clerk

9.2  To be added to April agenda                                                                                                    Action:  Clerk

9.3  Clerk to contact Kentchurch PC and ascertain where there cheque is going to, if directly to company will need to request an updated invoice                                                                                             Action:  Clerk

9.4 Resolved VAT return approved for submission. Clerk to submit                                              Action:  Clerk

9.5 Resolved cheque processed for training with Eyelid Productions

9.6 Resolved payments detailed in the schedule below were approved.  In addition it was approved to pay Mrs Lesley Chance £30 for Cleaning the pavilion.  The pavilion took 6 hours to clean, ather than the 3 hours originally allotted.  The GPC have paid £30 but the football club have also paid £30 to the cleaner to make up the shortfall, and Raymond Pritchard Agricultural Services £84. The GPC will need to consider how much time is allocated when the cleaning next needs doing. To be added to February agenda                                                                                                                                                                                            Action:  Clerk

  1. Recreation Ground

Telephone number on the pavilion will need changing once clerk has phone.                              Action:  Clerk

Salt bags look untidy. Gate down onto river doesn’t shut due to mud build up. Cllr Wrigglesworth to discuss with lengthsman                                                                                                                          Action:  MW

Far end of the field has a wire and rail across the top not safe. Cllr Clayton to discuss with landowner                                                                                                                                                               Action: SC

 

Pavilion end window looks rotten. Clerk to see if there is any money left in budget to repair     Action:  Clerk

Clerk to check and update rota                                                                                                       Action:  Clerk

 

  1.  To receive update on the Marches Freight Strategy

Worked through during council meeting and answers to be submitted.  Cllr Overstall to upload answers onto website.               Action: LO

 

  1. To review Working Group Membership

Reviewed. All working groups currently have enough members to continue. Please see Appendix A for an up to date list. Attached.

 

  1.     Appeal for Newsletter Editor – Volunteer required

Claire Griffiths has volunteered to do this. Newsletter items to be emailed to the clerk  to include Heart Start.                                                                                                                                               Action: Clerk

 

  1. Matters for Next Agenda (no discussion)

National funding has become available for defibrillators. Cllr Watkins to investigate. Clerk to contact Memorial Hall and see if they would like one.                                                                         Action: MW & Clerk

Gates

Pontrilas Sawmills Planning Application.  Clerk to contact and ask for an extension on deadline

Action: Clerk

 

  1. AOB

Report read re Kemble Centre.

 

The meeting closed at 8.50pm.

 

Next meeting, Tuesday 14th February 2017 at St Michaels Hall, Ewyas Harold

 

Payee Item Total (inc. VAT) Total (exc. VAT) Budget
Mrs C Boyles Clerk’s salary for December 2016 – as per regular payment schedule and contract of employment To include:

PAYE £14.40

NI EE £13.28

NI ER £14.72

To include:

PAYE £14.40

NI EE £13.28

NI ER £14.72

 

7

7

7

WCC Pension Fund Pension Employee £43.05

Employer £191.75

Employee £43.05

Employer £191.75

7

7

Mrs C Boyles Postage/travel £25.20 £25.20 5
Terry Griffiths Lengthsman work

TGC1940

TGC1943

 

£300.00

£300.00

 

£250.00

£250.00

 

18

18

Miss C Griffiths Clerk’s salary for December 2016 – as per regular payment schedule and contract of employment To include:

PAYE £0

NI EE £0

NI ER £0

To include:

PAYE £0

NI EE £0

NI ER £0

 

7

7

7

Miss C Griffiths Postage / travel £21.15 £21.15 5

 

 

Action Who
to liaise with the lengthsman and parish paths officer Cllr Wrigglesworth
to contact surrounding parish councils, police team re mud etc A465 Clerk
Report potholes Clerk
Signage on main A465 Cllr Jinman
Drain by Wier end is still blocked Clerk
Pontrilas Rd tarmac report Clerk
Pavilion complaint Cllr Watkins and Clerk
Mobile Phone Clerk
Pension Scheme Clerk
Payment Methods Clerk
Collins Design & Build Clerk
Contact Kentchurch PC re Rediweld Clerk
Submit VAT return Clerk
Recreation Ground – sat bags and gate Cllr Wrigglesworth
Recreation Ground – wire and top rail Cllr S Clayton
Budget for Pavilion repairs Clerk
Recreation Ground Rota Clerk
Submit Marches Freight Strategy Cllr L Overstall
Grants re Defibrillators Cllr M Watkins
Contact Memorial Hall re Defibrillator Clerk
Pontrilas Sawmills Planning application extension Clerk