Draft Minutes of the Meeting of the Group Parish Council that was held on Tuesday 13th February 2018
at 6.30pm at The Pavilion
Present: Cllr P. Jinman (EH), Chairman, Cllr C Pogson (L), Cllr S Eynon (EH), Cllr M Wrigglesworth (EH), Cllr M Watkins (R), Cllr S Probert (EH), Cllr R Evans (D), Cllr C Stainton (EH)
In attendance: two member of the public and Claire Griffiths (Clerk)
|1||To accept Apologies for Absence|
|Cllr S Clayton (R), Cllr L Overstall (D)|
To receive Declarations of Interest & Dispensation Applications
Cllr Wrigglesworth declared non-pecuniary interest in item 10
To consider Minutes of the Previous Meeting
The Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday 9th January 2018, copies of which had been previously circulated to Members, were confirmed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
John Clark Ewyas Harold Scout Group
Scout Leader John Clark spoke to Council about Ewyas Harold Scout Group. The Group currently serves young people from Ewyas Harold and surrounding areas from 6 – 14. The group are requesting that they can purchase, insure and install a storage container next to the Events Committee storage container in the car park at the Recreation Ground. Mr Clark explained how other possible avenues had been explored, the group is open to any ideas. Ewyas Harold Scout Group would like to work with EHGPC to help build a better community for everyone. It was agreed that Council would need to see proper provision of Insurance in place. AP18-21 John Clark to send Clerk Insurance information.
|5.1 There was no report from the Local Policing Team, however Council noted the recent bulletins that had been received from the policing team and urged all residents to lock all outbuildings.|
|5.2 Report from the Ward Councillor: Councillor Jinman noted that the Counties budget had been published in the Hereford Times. Councillor Jinman noted that concerns had been raised that jobs were being passed to Parish Council’s which in turn was leading to an increase in Parish Precepts.
Hereford Bypass for the Westerly Route has been published.
Pontrilas Railway Station – Councillor Jinman has received communication to suggest that for Pontrilas railway station to reopen, approximately 10,000 houses would need to be built in the area. Cllr Stainton has agreed to pursue the project and keep Cllr Jinman in the loop.
|5.3 Report from Parish Paths Officer was received with thanks. There was lots of damage done due to the snow. Herefordshire Trail have requested that signs be put up on The Common. This has been passed to Lord of the Manor. The broken overhanging trees were discussed. AP18-22 Cllr Jinman to contact landowner. AP18-23 Clerk to send updated list to Terry for quotes|
|5.4 Views and comments from local residents were received expressing concern over the state of the roads|
|6||To receive Clerk Update and to note Correspondence List|
Clerk Update Feb 18
Action Points including carried over from previous meetings.
A complaint was received regarding broken links on the website. This has been passed onto Eyelid Productions who the GPC pay a yearly subscription to for maintenance. Mark has run some tests and can not currently find the fault, so has requested more information. I contacted Richard who kindly sent over some screenshots. These have been sent to Eyelid Productions.
Speed Restriction consultation, comments have been forwarded to Amol.
Herefordshire Council provide a service of supplying address lists of Parishes. For the GPC it would be £46 + VAT. It was agreed that this would be bought.
Sandbags – Balfour Beatys advice was for the GPC to purchase some from a Builders merchant.
AP18-24 Cllr Pogson was asked to cancel the cheque for the Jeep seat and order a new cheque book.
|To receive Recreation Ground Working Group update
7.1 AP18-25 Clerk to email and remind the person who is meant to be doing the inspection.
Cheque for the Jeep seat has not been presented, agreed to send a new cheque.
Tree has fallen over on the Recreation Field. AP18-26 Clerk to contact CT Groundcare to clear.
People have been contacting Councillors asking what it is and where can they see it. Hard copies of the NDP can be found at the Drs surgery and Temple Inn. A copy will be brought to the next meeting. AP18-27 Clerk to find out where distribution has been AP18-28 Clerk to put up posters in noticeboard saying where it can be seen.
9.1 Inspection. Exterior Inspection has been completed, it was noted that the car park is being well used.
9.2 Ewyas Harold Festival of Arts have requested that they can use the grounds and centre to similar terms as was used in 2017. This was unanimously agreed.
This item was moved to the end of the meeting. It was unanimously agreed that Council would go into a closed committee, members of the public were asked to leave. Councillor Wrigglesworth who had declared a non pecuniary interest did not take part in the conversation. AP18-34 Clerk to request references.
|11||Lengthsman Scheme (incorporating the P3 scheme)
11.1 Worksheets and Invoices were received and reviewed. AP18-29 Clerk to check current figures.
|11.2 Footpaths P3 update and invoices were received and reviewed. AP18-30 Councillor Wrigglesworth to check if style replacements are supplied by Balfour Beaty to landowners.
Agreed work to be completed at the bottom end of Glebe field. AP18-23 Clerk to send updated list to Terry.
11.3 The Annual Maintenance Plan Lengthsman & P3 Scheme 2018/19 prepared and previously circulated document was reviewed and unanimously agreed.
12.1 Resolved the Finance Report for was approved.
12.2 Resolved Payments for approval – as per schedule
AP18-31 Clerk to prepare a report for reallocation of VAT
13.1 P180031/F Land at Rowlestone Park Farm Council supports this application.
13.2 172720 -Rowlestone House Farm Council supports this application.
13.3 P174730/RM Land at Poplars Meadow Elm Green Road Ewyas Harold Herefordshire Council supports this application.
Unanimously agreed to postpone discussing a Parish Plan until after the NDP referendum
|Meeting Dates for 2018 – 2019
Due to the Clerk getting married on April 11th she is unable to attend the meeting on 10th April.
It was agreed that the meeting would carry on as normal, with the Clerk taking a week annual leave from 9th April. Clerk will prepare the agenda and all supporting documents as normal the week before. AP18-32 Clerk to see if HALC have a stand in Clerk for the evening.
Newsletter was agreed with amendments to include explaining what the precept is. Also to include on the back page “If this is required in larger print please contact the clerk” AP18-37
Review of Councillor contact details
Contact details were checked and agreed
Consultation on Speed Restriction
Thank you to all Councillors that commented on the speed restriction investigation. The comments have all been submitted.
EHGPC have been asked to adopt the Defibrillator at the Doctors surgery. Council feels it is important that there is one available in the village. Questions were raised as to insurance and maintenance. AP18-33 Clerk to investigate.
WildIife Trust – Wild Play
Council requested that in future Wild Play please to contact regarding number of dates before December. Also, if Wild Play know of any grants please to pass them on. AP18-35 Clerk to contact Wild Play.
Walking Routes Map
Unanimously agreed to order map from quotes provided. AP18-36 Clerk to order.
Matters for Next Agenda (no discussion)
BT Phonebox Rowlestone
Action Points including carried over from previous meetings.