Draft Minutes of the Meeting of the Group Parish Council that was held on Tuesday 9th January 2018 at 6.30pm at The Pavilion
Present: Cllr P. Jinman (EH), Chairman, Cllr C Pogson (L), Cllr L Overstall (D), Cllr S Eynon (EH), Cllr M Wrigglesworth (EH), Cllr M Watkins (R), Cllr S Probert (EH)
In attendance: a member of the public and Claire Griffiths (Clerk)
|1||To accept Apologies for Absence|
|Cllr S Clayton (R), Cllr R Evans (D), Cllr C Stainton (EH)
|2||Guest Speaker – Paul Crumpton re Crime Prevention Advice|
|Please find attached a document relating to a scheme we call ‘We Don’t Buy Crime ‘ which is all about protecting people from theft. (Appendix A)
Mr Crumpton spoke briefly about the value of Watch schemes and with the explosion of social media how much more dynamic, less bureaucratic and effective they can be.
Mr Crumpton spoke very briefly about Cyber Security and some things we can all do to better protect ourselves from the online crook.
Mr Crumpton would welcome the opportunity to deliver a presentation (90 minutes) to cover a range of subjects including the above, on crime reduction and what we can all do to help protect ourselves from harm.
To receive Declarations of Interest & Dispensation Applications
Cllr P Jinman declared non-pecuniary interest in 14.1
Cllr M Watkins declared non-pecuniary interest in 14.2
To consider Minutes of the Previous Meeting – Tuesday 12th December 2017
The Minutes of the Meeting held on 10th October 2017, copies of which had been previously circulated to Members, were confirmed as a true record with a change required Appendix i row 9, should have been £6713 AP18-01 Clerk to contact Herefordshire Council to amend.
|5.1 There was no report from the Local Policing Team|
|5.2 Cllr Jinman has approached Kentchurch Parish Council and has written to MP Jesse Norman. There would need to be a key reason to re-open Pontrilas Railway station.
Cllr Jinman has written twice in the last month to Balfour Beaty. He was assured that the collapsed culvert by Collins Design and Build would be completed in the next 12 months.
|5.3 Report received and circulated. Ewyas Harold GPC wishes the PPO a speedy recovery from his operation.|
|5.4 views and comments from local residents:
An event is being proposed to be held on Kentchurch Estate “The Rave”. Local Parish Councils are being asked to convey the news that should anyone be interested in opposing the proposal could they contact Mark Willimont, Regulator Authority, Hereford Council, Plough Lane, Hereford.
Concern was again raised over the serious deterioration of Mill Lane in Dulas. Dulas Road is about to be closed for a couple of days for roadworks to be carried out, and that it is felt that it is inevitable that traffic will try to use Mill Road instead. It is felt that Mill Road is in such a poor state that accidents are inevitable. If funding could not be found for repairs it was asked if residents would like the road “deregistered” and for them to fund its maintenance. This was rejected.
|6||To receive Clerk Update and to note Correspondence List|
|Action Points carried over from Dec 17 included.
Clerk requested that she may buy a mouse for the laptop. Unanimously agreed. AP18-02
Fire Extinguishers’ checking is due Unanimously agreed for Clerk to arrange. AP18-03
VAT return for Q1 has been submitted and we are expecting a rebate of £891.45 VAT return for Q2 has been submitted and we are expecting a rebate of £202 Clerk is waiting for bank statement before Q3 can be completed. AP18-04. Parish Precept with explanation to be displayed on Kemble Centre noticeboard AP18-20
|To receive Recreation Ground Working Group update
No meeting due to time of year. Monthly check sheet was received. It was noted that the cheque for the replacement jeep seat had not be presented. AP18-05 Clerk to contact and see if it had been received.
The referendum is likely to occur in March. Everyone will receive a polling card. To be advertised in News letter, posters and South Wye Community Times and social media. AP18-06 Cllr Overstall to advertise. AP18-07 Cllr Pogson to print and laminate posters.
Council discussed the reports and quotations for work provided. It was unanimously agreed that Lengthsman Terry Griffiths would be requested to do the work on footpaths EH5, EH37 and EH8 as quoted for and requested that Mr Griffiths spoke to the landowners of the steps to the castle. AP18-08 Clerk to notify Mr Griffiths It was requested that Mr G Robinson Parish Footpaths Officer prioritise the compiled list. AP18-09 Clerk to contact and arrange.
|10||Lengthsman Scheme (incorporating the P3 scheme)
11.1 Receive worksheets, invoices and agree work required. Cllr Wrigglesworth has cleared the culvert. Main road bollard is broken and needs to be repaired. AP18-10 Clerk to chase. Items previously sent to Cllr Wrigglesworth to be sent to Lengthsman. AP18-11 Clerk to send.
|11.2 Advertisement for legthsman scheme. Advert was distributed and agreed to be advertised in Hereford Times, parish section, website, social media. AP18-12 Cllr Pogson to see if there is a specific website for advertising lengthsmen. AP18-13 Clerk to notify Paul Norris. AP18-14 Clerk to circulate Advert on email to be finally agreed. AP18-15 Cllr Pogson to investigate Lengthsman contract specification. AP18-16 Clerk to write to Mr Griffiths and notify him that EHGPC are inviting tenders. AP18-17 Clerk to advertise invitations of tender.
11.1 Resolved: Finance Report was considered and approved. Cllr Watkins stepped down from the FGP working group and suggested Cllr Stainton might like to opt in. Cllr Watkins was thanked for all his help with the FGP.
11.2 Resolved: Payments for approval – as per schedule below were all unanimously agreed with the addition of Cllr Wrigglesworth’s payment for procuring and installing the light on the Recreation Field path as per December 2017 minutes.
Data Policy Resolved and unanimously agreed and adopted. Many thanks to Cllr Pogson.
Risk Management Policy Resolved and unanimously agreed and adopted. Many thanks to Cllr Pogson.
14.1 P174738/PA6: Ewyas Harold GPC support the application but have raised concerns over traffic management and noise. It is felt if these issues were addressed the site would be beneficial to the community. AP18-18 Clerk to notify
14.2 174609: Ewyas Harold GPC support this application. AP18-19 Clerk to notify
|Items for Newsletter
As previously discussed. It was noted that font size on the next newsletter will need to be increased.
Matters for Next Agenda (no discussion)
Kemble Centre monthly checks
|Miss C Griffiths||Clerk’s salary for December 2017 – as per regular payment schedule and contract of employment||Total (inc. VAT)
NI EE £0
NI ER £0
|Total (exc. VAT)
NI EE £0
NI ER £0
|Miss C Griffiths||Travel
Home as Office
|Nick Cooper Tompkins||CT Groundcare||£140||£140|
|British Telecommunications PLC||Rowelstone Phone Box||£1||£1|
|Terry Griffiths||Lengthsman and P3||£458.40||£382|
|Action Points including carried over from previous meetings.
|AP1||To request info on £6m rebate Hereford Council received and planned usage||PJ|
|AP7||contact Peter Overstall re Footpaths Map
Emailed 22/11/17, Peter has provided contact details for Andrew Patterson who has been emailed, Andrew has emailed back a pdf of the map that we want and recommended that it is professionally printed, also recommended PIP Printing, they have been emailed asking for a quote quote A0 size. NB Size to be printed 82cm x 117cm. Clerk to order.
|AP8||find out who landowner for footpath EH5||PJ|
|AP10||Glebe field style follow up with BB||PJ|
|AP12||write to local businesses asking them to speak to their deliveries re speed
list of all businesses in the area has been compiled
|Clerk & PJ|
|AP31||write a piece on the history of the playground for newsletter||LO|
|AP32||write a piece on The Common for newsletter||PJ|
|AP37||Collate comments on Herefordshire Council’s Constitution||PJ|
|AP44||Clerk to update website – work in progress||Clerk|
|AP53||Clerk to notify insurers re Rowlestone Telephone box||Clerk|
|AP54||Clerk to send contract re Rowlestone Telephone box||Clerk|
|AP55||items to be written: Telephone Box, Welcome new Councillor, Investigating a 5 year strategy, Precept Explanation||Clerk|
|AP56||Councillor Jinman to follow up with Balfour Beaty regarding Drain near Collins Design and Build||PJ|
|AP59||The lights inside of the Island on A465 are not working. Clerk to report to Balfour Beaty.||Clerk|
|AP18-01||Clerk to contact Herefordshire Council to amend precept figure||Clerk|
|AP18-02||Clerk requested that she may buy a mouse for the laptop.||Clerk|
|AP18-03||Fire Extinguishers’ checking is due, Clerk to arrange||Clerk|
|AP18-04||Q3 VAT return||Clerk|
|AP18-05||Clerk to contact and see if cheque has been received for new jeep seat||Clerk|
|AP18-06||To advertise referendum||LO|
|AP18-07||To print and laminate posters||CP|
|AP18-08||work on footpaths EH5, EH37 and EH8 as quoted to be done, clerk to notify Mr Griffiths||Clerk|
|AP18-09||Parish Footpaths Officer prioritise the compiled list. Clerk to email||Clerk|
|AP18-10||Main road bollard is broken and needs to be repaired. Clerk to report||Clerk|
|AP18-11||Clerk to send list of jobs to lengthsman||Clerk|
|AP18-12||Cllr Pogson to see if there is a specific website for advertising lengthsmen.||CP|
|AP18-13||Clerk to notify Paul Norris.||Clerk|
|AP18-14||Clerk to circulate Advert on email to be finally agreed.||Clerk|
|AP18-15||Cllr Pogson to investigate Lengthsman contract specification.||CP|
|AP18-16||Clerk to write to Mr Griffiths and notify him that EHGPC are inviting tenders.||Clerk|
|AP18-17||Clerk to advertise invitations of tender.||Clerk|
|AP18-18||Clerk to notify Herefordshire Council Planning||Clerk|
|AP18-19||Clerk to notify Herefordshire Council Planning||Clerk|
|AP18-20||Clerk to display precept with explanation on Kemble Centre noticeboard||Clerk|