Minutes March 2017

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council that was held on Tuesday 14th March 2017 at 6.30pm at St Michaels Hall, Ewyas Harold

 

Present:  Cllr P Jinman (EH) – Chairman, Cllr C Pogson(L) Cllr S Eynon (EH), Cllr M Wrigglesworth (EH), Cllr S Probert (EH), Cllr S Clayton (R), Cllr M Watkins (R) and Cllr R Evans (D).

In attendance: Ward Cllr G Powell, Claire Griffiths (Clerk) and a member of the public

 

1 To accept Apologies for Absence
Cllr L Overstall (D), Cllr Julie Watkins-Thomas (EH), Cllr A Loudon (EH)

 

2 To receive Declarations of Interest & Dispensation Applications
None received

 

3 To consider Minutes of the Previous Meeting – 14th February 2017
The Minutes of the Meeting held on 14th February 2017, copies of which had been previously circulated to Members, were confirmed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.

 

4 Open Forum
4.1  There was no report from the Local Policing Team
4.2  Cllr Powell gave a report, please see appendix 1

Discussion of Road Closure Notification and meeting on Thursday 6th April

4.3  There was no report from the Parish Paths Officer

A new Parish Path’s Officer will need to be advertised                                                         Action:  Clerk

4.4  comments from local residents: Thanked Cllr Powell for all he had done and raised concerns regarding water on the road at A465 turn and The Bryn, Dulas

Comments were also received regarding Pontrilas Sawmills, and the road adjacent to it.  The entrance way has been cleaned, however white lines and cats eyes are not Cllr Powell to follow up

Action: GP

Discussion regarding potholes and water on the road. Clerk to arrange a meeting with Linzy Outrim, Locality Steward, Balfour Beaty                                                                                  Action:  Clerk

Clerk had received a complaint regarding parking blocking gated entrance and footpath onto Ewyas Harold Recreation Ground.

5 To receive Clerk Update and to note Correspondence List

5.1 Parish Path’s Officer has handed in his resignation. Ewyas Harold Group Parish Council thanked the Parish Path’s officer for everything he had done.

5.2 To receive correspondence from Memorial Hall

Clerk to pass on Heart Start details                                                                                           Action:  Clerk

5.3 To receive correspondence from Ewyas Harold Bowls Club

Clerk to send grant application form                                                                                         Action:  Clerk

5.4 To receive correspondence from Ewyas Harold Guides and Brownies

Clerk to send grant application form                                                                                         Action:  Clerk

 
6 To receive an update on Neighbourhood Development Plan

Cllr Pogson Proposed, Cllr Probert seconded and unanimously agreed to adopted the Neghbourhood Development Plan.  Cllr Jinman Thanked everyone that had worked on it.

 
7 To receive Kemble Working Group Update

Unanimously agreed that the KCWG could investigate Stor facility and Mast.

 

8 Lengthsman Scheme (incorporating the P3 scheme)

8.1  To receive worksheets, invoices and agree work required

Clerk to contact lengthsman and request a schedule of rates                                             Action:  Clerk

Cllr Pogson to compile guidelines for bill of quantity                                                            Action:  CP

8.2  Self Closing Gates was donated. Cllr Wrigglesworth helped the lengthsman to install.

8.3  Gate Post was quoted for and unanimously agreed the work should be carried out.

 

9

 

To receive Recreation Ground Working Group update

All requests approved.

Cricket Club to be sent up to date copy of Stewardship Agreement                                   Action:  Clerk

 

10 Finance

10.1  Resolved Payments approved St Micheals Hall Hire

10.2  Resolved Payments approved to HALC

10.3 Resolved Payments approved to Collins Design and Build

10.4  Resolved Payments approved – as per schedule
11 2018 Boundary Review
Noted

 

12 To receive Diane Malley renewal of Payroll Contract
Resolved Unanimously agreed renewal of Payroll contact

 

13 Items for Newsletter
Resolved  Clerk to compile list

 

14

 

 

 

15

 

 

 

16

 

 

17

 

 

 

18

 

 

Training for Clerk

Resolved Clerk to complete Lv 2 ILCA

 

 

SID Deployment Requests to Existing Bases (April 2017-March 2018)

Clerk to investigate                                                                                                                        Action: Clerk

 

Data Protection Renewal

Resolved  To be added to payment schedule next month                                                     Action: Clerk

 

First World War Memorials Programme

Resolved  Discussed and felt not applicable as Ewyas Harold has the Memorial Hall

 

Matters for Next Agenda (no discussion)

 

 
Payee Item Total (inc. VAT) Total (exc. VAT) Budget
Miss C Griffiths Clerk’s salary for February 2017 – as per regular payment schedule and contract of employment To include:

PAYE £0

NI EE £33.35

NI ER £37.80

To include:

PAYE £0

NI EE £33.35

NI ER £37.80

 

18

18

Miss C Griffiths Postage / travel

Postage

Travel

Office Supplies

 

£4.02

£52.85

£7.94

 

£4.02

£52.85

£7.94

 

7

7

 

Terry Griffiths Lengthsman Invoice 1998 £402 £335
St Micheals Hall Hire 14th March £17 £17