September Minutes

Draft Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council that was held on Tuesday 11th September 2018 at 6.30pm at The Pavilion 

 

  1. Present: Cllr PJinman (EH – Chairman, Cllr C Pogson (L), Cllr M Wrigglesworth (EH),  Cllr L Overstall (D), Cllr M Watkins (R) Cllr S Clayton (R), Cllr S Eynon (EH), Cllr R Evans (D), Cllr S Probert (EH), two members of the public, and Claire Bunton (Clerk) 

Apologies:), Cllr C Stainton (EH) 

 

  1. To receive Declarations of Interest & Dispensation Applications

There were no declarations of interest or dispensation applications 

 

  1. To consider Minutesof the Previous Meeting –Tuesday 14th August 2018 

The Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday 14th August 2018 copies of which had been previously circulated to Members, were confirmed as a true record with one amendment.  Cllr Overstall did not feel the use of the word “fantastic” was appropriate for item 4.3 and was agreed to change to “excellent”. 

 

Item 9 on previous minutes, it was noted that Councillor Wrigglesworth is concerned with the run off of surface water and sewerage capabilities for the proposed 10 properties. It was felt that this and the 38 property development should both have a holding tanking and sewerage pumped on an alternative route to the main system.   Concerns were also expressed regarding the extension to footpath. 

AP18-77 Cllr Jinman to check on planning.  

 

4 Open Forum 

4.1 Report from Local Policing Team 

There was no report from the Local Policing Team, however Council noted the recent bulletins that had been received from the policing team 

 

4.2 Report from Ward Councillor 

Planning 

It is very important that Council’s comment on all planning applications.  

 

CIL & 106 Agreement 

Herefordshire Council never adopted the CIL, they did however adopt the 106 agreement.  Cllr Jinman is investigating the reasoning for this. 

Councillor Overstall also investigated and found that GPC would be entitled to 25% of the levy, and feels that Ewyas Harold Group Parish Council should be entitled to a contribution from these for completing the Neighbourhood Development Plan. Cllr Jinman is actively following this up.  

 

Roads and Potholes 

It was noted that more had been done on the roads and that Council were pleased to see reported faults being dealt with.  Cllr Pogson commented that the good working relationship that had been established with Paul Norris, Balfour Beatty locality steward was proving to be positive at getting jobs done and particularly successful with the footpaths, resurfacing of Mill lane and drainage has been very much appreciated.  

 

Litter Picking Group 

Councillor Jinman contacted the group, who had been given information and help from Herefordshire Council.  Cllr Jinman requested that they take a register of attendees and noted a fantastic job was done. 

 

4.3  To receive brief report from Parish Paths Officer 

Previously circulated.  Parish Paths Officer thanked for his on going work.  Council noted that all problems are being managed. 

 

4.4  To receive views and comments from local residents 

2 members of the public commented on the previous presentation from Collins Design and Build. It is felt that the Dulas brook is inferior to the Dore to cope with excess water, and that it would be better suited if it was gravitated towards the Dore.  

 

It was also felt that more consultation is needed, and that if the plans were moved slight on the land back into the corner it would take the properties off the skyline.  

 

Sewerage surges and overspills in three places in the village already. It is felt that any additional properties will compound this already existing problem.  

 

It was noted that the current sewerage maps do not include the system from the camp on Welsh Water maps, however this does feed into the existing system.  

 

It was noted that the 10 properties development has not yet gone to full planning, and that Ewyas Harold GPC did at the time of the presentation express concerns over sewerage and footpaths.  

 

A letter was handed to Councillor Jinman who will be following it up. AP18-80 

 

  1. To receive Clerk Update and to note Correspondence List

Clerk Update September 18 

Action Points including carried over from previous meetings.  

AP18-53  Speeding, traffic calming for newsletter  SP 
AP18-59  Quotes for replacement window at Pavilion  MW 
AP18-69  Cllr Probert to contact Balfour Beaty re hedge clearing  SP 
AP18-70  Cllr Watkins to request quotes for replacing play equipment and surface edges  MW 
AP18-71  Clerk to notify Arts Committee of decision and pass over RA proformas  Clerk 
AP18-72  Cllr Overstall to write a piece for the newsletter regarding play equipment and surface 

Received but could not open.  

LO 
AP18-73  Cllr Jinman to contact Pontrilas Merchants regarding digging out of ditch and removal  PJ 
AP18-74  Cllr Overstall to write a piece for newsletter regarding proposed Pharmacy  LO 
AP18-75  Cllr Pogson to write letter regarding Pharmacy – Cllr Jinman to assist  CP 
AP18-76  Clerk to investigate section 106 

Completed by Cllr Jinman. 

Clerk 

 

Meeting with Came & Co on 21st please see email and notes regarding this.  At the time of circulating that agenda this had not been received, this was received before the meeting and Council unanimously agreed for a Finance Working Group to be called to look at alternatives and send a cheque to purchase.  

 

Emails and Online Storage: 

emails have been transferred over to the new server, i did not have access to the emails for 5 days Friday – Tuesday and some of the emails that were sent in that time have never been delivered.  

 

A few Councillors have reported getting delivery report failures and Clive very kindly investigated his failure notice and discovered that there was a problem with the change over that the permissions had not all been sorted. 

 

There has also been an issue with the website, as the access and forwarding emails through the website were not working.  Mark has fixed all these, there is currently an ongoing issue with being able to send newsletters out through the website, but Mark is working on fixing that 

 

The following note has been put on the front page of the website: 

Please note: 

The email server was changed over between 16th August – 20th August.  During that time I did not receive any emails.  If you emailed either directly or through the website and have not had a reply can you please re-send.  I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Claire 

 

Q&A’s taken during the Footpaths Officer Briefing held in June have been forwarded to Footpaths officer.  

 

Rowelstone Phone Box: Contract has been received from BT.   

Parish Precept emails have been sent out from Hereford Council, Closing date is 31st December.  This will be an agenda item for November and the Finance Working Group will need to meet October.  

Festival of Arts sign has been collected and returned to Springbank. 

 

Confirmation from Paul Norris that Several potholes in for repair and road sweeping request placed in after defects reported; An update for you and the chair of the PC is the white lining at the builders merchants and at the railway tunnel I have managed to move up the list so fingers crossed should be completed shortly. And sunken trench has been filled in.  

 

  1. To receive Recreation Ground Working Group update

6.1 Playground Inspection 

Cllr Wrigglesworth inspected the playground.  

Recreation Ground Working Group meeting will be called to discuss previous report, Cllr Watkins has spoken to HAGS regarding resurfacing and will meet with them.  

Cllr Watkins and Clerk met with Football Foundation, they are putting pressure on to increase the activity at the Pavilion and will be in touch with action points to be carried out.  

Cllr Watkins has found someone to extend the ramp which the Football Club have budgeted to pay for.  

When considering the precept replacement play equipment will need to be considered.   In the mean time preventative maintenance needs to be undertaken.  Cllr Overstall commented that we need to promote the possibility of charitable giving to be able to replace items.  

 

  1. NDP

When looking at Planning applications, Council need to be proactive using the NDP and request that planners consult it, listing relevant page numbers.  

 

  1. Kemble Centre

8.1 Inspection 

Cllr Wrigglesworth inspected internally and externally.  Water has been running off the roof and inside the walls.  Roof inspection is needed. Ply needs to be replaced around the coloured windows.  

 

Money has been set aside in the precept to allow for an extension of the parking area at the Kemble Centre.  AP18-82 Cllr Jinman to investigate if planning permission is needed for car park at Kemble Centre 

 

8.2 Arts Festival 2019 

There was an insurance query submitted to Came & Co with regard to this. Cllr Jinman checked on the position and as Council has agreed that the Arts Committee is a sub committee of EHGPC as per August 2018 meeting the building is covered by the Insurance.  A member of the Arts Committee with try and report back to GPC. 

AP18-78 Clerk to liaise with Arts Committee and distribute meeting dates to Councillors 

 

AP18-81 Cllr Overstall to contact Miss Godwin regarding possible Kemble Centre usage 

 

  1. Planning

Planning Application P181741 was approved with no comments 

 

  1. Lengthsman Scheme (incorporating the P3 scheme)

No worksheets or invoices received.  Jobs for Lengthsman:  cleaning of signs and bus shelter; top up all salt bins and clear salt from Recreation car park.  

 

There is a leylandii hedge at the entrance to the village part covering the sign.  AP18-83 Cllr Jinman to contact owner.  

 

Cllr Wrigglesworth has been in touch with Paul Norris and the enforcement officer regarding the blockage on the footpath at Llynewdd wood.  Owners have been visited and confirmed they will clear and make good once the timber extraction has been completed.  

 

  1. Finance

All payments agreed as per the schedule below. 

 

  1. Annual Governance & Accountability Return

Statements were read by Cllr Jinman and unanimously agreed.  Internal Auditor Sue Probert’s report was read.  Accounts previously approved by the finance working group were agreed. 

 

  1. Newsletter

To be completed by the end of the month.  

 

  1. Clerk leave of Absence

It was agreed that cover would be booked with HALC for October’s meeting with a possibility of this continuing for 3 months.  AP18-84 Clerk to pass EHGPC phone to Cllr Eynon on 1st Oct. AP18-85 

 

  1. A465 Speed limit Consultation 

Speed limit on A465 after consultation and taking advice from the police is 50 miles per hour.   The police have said this will be difficult to enforce.  

There are now approx 20 children and families crossing the main road to get to and from school. AP18-79 Cllr Probert to ask school for number of children that would need to cross the A465 

 

  1. Cricket Pavilion

Unanimously agreed for the Cricket Club to be given notice to quit and request keys for barrier and pavilion to be returned.  AP18-86 Clerk to Write to Phil Matthews. Cllr Probert to contact regarding youth cricket. AP18-87.  John Clarke Ewyas Harold Scout Group to be invited to the next meeting AP18-88 

 

  1. Footpaths Map

Clerk to follow up previous emails 

 

  1. Ewyas Harold Notice Board 

Cllr Wrigglesworth to approach Elaine re rubbing down and varnishing notice board 

 

  1. Employment 

Council went into closed committee 

 

Mrs C Bunton  Clerk’s salary for August 2018 – as per regular payment schedule and contract of employment  Total (inc. VAT) 

PAYE £0 

NI EE £0 

NI ER £0 

Total (exc. VAT) 

PAYE £0 

NI EE £0 

NI ER £0 

Budget 

18 

18 

Mrs C Bunton  Travel 

Postage 

Home as Office 

Key Cutting 

£22.95 

£4.02 

£18 

£6.50 

£22.95 

£4.02 

£18 

£6.50 

 
Cllr M Watkins  Toilet seats for Pavilion  £78  £65   
Sue Probert  Internal Audit  £50  £50   
Nick Cooper Tompkins  CT Groundcare  £457  £457   
Diane Malley  DM Payrolll Services  £62  £62   
         

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk Update October 18 

Action Points including carried over from previous meetings.  

AP18-53  Speeding, traffic calming for newsletter  SP 
AP18-59  Quotes for replacement window at Pavilion  MW 
AP18-69  Cllr Probert to contact Balfour Beatty re hedge clearing  SP 
AP18-70  Cllr Watkins to request quotes for replacing play equipment and surface edges  MW 
AP18-73  Cllr Jinman to contact Pontrilas Merchants regarding digging out of ditch and removal  PJ 
AP18-75  Cllr Pogson to write letter regarding Pharmacy  CP & PJ 
AP18-77  Cllr Jinman to check on planning re 38 houses near Callowside  PJ 
AP18-78  Clerk to liaise with Arts Committee and distribute meeting dates to Councillors  Clerk 
AP18-79  Cllr Probert to ask school for number of children that would need to cross the A465.    SP 
AP18-80  A letter was handed to Councillor Jinman who will be following it up re property development.   PJ 
AP18-81  Cllr Overstall to contact Miss Godwin regarding possible Kemble Centre usage  LO 
AP18-82  Cllr Jinman to investigate if planning permission is needed for car park at Kemble Centre  PJ 
AP18-83  leylandii hedge at the entrance to the village part covering the sign.  Cllr Jinman to contact owner.  PJ 
AP18-84  Clerk to book HALC Clerk for Oct meeting with a possible view to this being extended  Clerk 
AP18-85  Clerk to pass EHGPC phone to Cllr Eynon on 1st Oct.   Clerk 
AP18-86  Clerk to Write to Phil Matthews. RE Notice to quit AP18-87.    Clerk 
AP18-87  Cllr Probert to contact regarding youth cricket.  SP 
AP18-88  John Clarke Ewyas Harold Scout Group to be invited to the next meeting  Clerk 
AP18-89  Cllr Wrigglesworth to approach Elaine re rubbing down and varinishing notice board  MW