Ewyas Harold Group Parish Council will not normally grant financial aid voluntary groups or charitable organisations, but in exceptional cases applications which offer to provide substantial local benefit may be considered.
To qualify for an award the applicant must be able to demonstrate that any funding from Ewyas Harold Group Parish Council will benefit the Parish, and/or a substantial number of residents of the Parish.
Grant applications will be dealt with by the Full Council.
In determining the validity of an application, the parish council will refer to the following guidelines:
Applications will be considered for the following purposes: –
- For provision of a service or facilities that benefits the community.
- For activities that raise the profile of the area.
- For hosting special events or celebrations.
- For the provision of recreational facilities.
- For the purpose of purchasing equipment either in part or in full.
- Grants will not be awarded to individuals
- Applicants should submit a completed application form, accompanied by a copy of the latest set of annual accounts showing the organisations income, expenditure and level of balances. If the organisation does not prepare annual accounts, copies of the bank statements covering the previous 6 months must be enclosed.
- Additional applications within a 12 month period will not normally be considered.
- The award must be used for the purpose for which the application was made and a report must be submitted to the council at the conclusion of the event or project.
- If the group is unable to use the award for the stated purpose, all monies must be returned to Ewyas Harold Group Parish Council.
- All awards must be properly accounted for and evidence of expenditure should be supplied as requested. If Ewyas Harold Group Parish Council is not satisfied with the arrangements, they reserve the right to request a refund of monies awarded.
- Groups operating outside the parish boundary will not normally be considered.
- Any Charity, Voluntary Group or Community Organisation.
- Agencies that operate within Ewyas Harold Group Parishes and are of benefit to the local community, with the following provisos:
- Ewyas Harold Group Parish Council will not fund activities that it considers to be the responsibility of a Statutory Authority.
- Applications from schools for an activity that takes place within the school day will not be considered.
- Ewyas Harold Group Parish Council will not fund activities outside its powers and functions.