Minutes January 2022

Serving Ewyas Harold, Rowlestone, Dulas and Llancillo

Tuesday 11th January 2022,
Finance Committee meeting: 6.30pm
At The Ewyas Harold Memorial Hall.

Present: Councillors Peter Jinman (PJ) (in the chair), Sarah Eynon (SE);

Finance sheet had been circulated to all cllrs. Meeting started 6.45pm

1. To accept apologies for absence. Sally Probert.
2. To receive declarations of interest & written requests for dispensation.
None received.
3. Consider minutes of previous meeting – December 2021
All were happy that the minutes were a true representation of the meeting.

4. Finance
Nat West Business Current account: 01.01.22 £ 45,888.35
Nat West Business Reserve account: 01.01.22 £ 68,586.87
4.1. To consider outstanding invoices
CT Groundcare (December) £ 145.00
Mrs Chance (cleaning loos Nov and Dec) £ 915.00
JM Probert (emptying bins) £ 0
DM Payroll Services £ 60.00
Rowlstone Village Hall £20 paid £10 owed £ 10.00

Proposed: PJ Seconded: SE

Recommend Payment all in agreement

4.2. To approve regular payments schedule : Clerks salary and expenses; and Direct Debits:- Herefordshire Council bins.

Recommend the spending above.

Proposed: PJ Seconded: SE

It was resolved to agree to all of these payments.

Proposed: PJ Seconded: SE All were in agreement.
Each item was looked at as a separate expenditure.

Action: Clerk to action these agreed payments.

4.3. To acknowledge receipts. £70 from Dianne Jenkins for a Cherry Tree in thanks to Dore Community Transport.

5. To finalise the Precept for 2022 to 23: for the main meeting.

6. To raise matters for the next agenda: None.

7. To note the date of the next scheduled meeting : 8th February 2022

The committee agreed with the cheques that were being submitted to the PC for authorisation.

Meeting closed at 7pm

Ewyas Harold Group Parish Council meeting:
7.05pm At The Ewyas Harold Memorial Hall.

Minutes

Meeting started: 7.00 pm
Present: Councillors: Peter Jinman (PJ) (in the chair): Sarah Eynon (SE); Alex Culpin (AC); Liz Overstall (LO); Stephen Clayton (SC), Malcolm Watkins (MW); Will Lloyd (WL);
Also: Sophie Glover (Clerk),

1. To accept apologies for absence. Connor Price (CP); Sally Probert (SP) Terry Talbot – Footpaths officer (TT);

2. To receive declarations of interest & written requests for dispensation.

– MW for his parents in law undertaking the disinfecting of the Rec loos.

All cllrs were happy with this position.

3. To consider minutes of the previous meeting – Dec 2021. All were in agreement that the minutes were an accurate record of the meeting. The Chair duly agreed to sign the minutes. Proposed MW seconded: SE
Action: Chair to sign the minutes.

4. Co-option of Councillors

Michael Fenton from Dulas has expressed an interest in becoming a Parish Councillor. He had submitted a paragraphs about himself that had been circulated to all cllrs prior to the meeting.

It was proposed that Michael Fenton be co-opted as a Councillor for Dulas.
Proposed: PJ Seconded:LO

All others were in favour of his joining the Parish Council.

Action: Clerk to complete paperwork with him and submit the relevant forms to the electoral offices.

5. Matters arising from the minutes: either addressed, on the agenda or actions list apart from: marker for the Dulas ford – the chair has got an agreement from BB that this coming.

6. Open forum for public comment:
No public present.

7. To receive a brief report from :
7.1 the Ward Councillor/PC Chair.
PJ told the meeting that the HC were looking at budget this week. They have to make further drastic reductions in their spending in a difficult year to match expenditure with income.
He had a request for consideration for work to be done to the path through the church yard as a parishioner fell into the brook recently. He has asked the Footpath Officer to look at whether or not the PC had any responsibility for this path. The PC sent their best wishes for the ladies swift recovery.
He has been asked about the Queens Jubilee – what has been planned.
The Chair has been in contact with the prospective benefactor mentioning that the popular choice for his donation seemed to be to consider putting a MUGA in the village. The school were very excited at the possibility of having this facility available to their children.
Finally he reminded the meeting that Covid was in no means over, and he asked all present to continue to take it very seriously.
Action: clerk to ask FO to look at the path through the church yard.

7.2 To receive a report from PCSO – None present.

7.3 To receive report from footpath officer – Terry Talbot had sent his apologies.

7.4 To receive report from the Tree Warden. Had sent in a report, available on request.
Action: Tree surgeon to be asked to look at a sick tree behind the KC – LO to organise and get a quote for work to be done.

8. Action List for Councillors – has been updated and circulated around the PC.

9. Kemble Centre – update and lease discussion.
Upkeep: LO has found some one to maintain the soffit boards, she will keep up the efforts to find quotes for the work. First quote is for approximately £500, he has time to do it at the start of February. He will also quote for revamping the toilets on the rec.
Action: clerk to forward Steve Lloyds details to the rec committee.
Damage to the grass beside the church:
Lease: The Chair has been working with the solicitor – it transpires that ACCCs solicitors had been working to a heads of terms that have not been agreed by the PC. Our solicitor has not been able to go through the lease due to pressures of other work prior to this meeting. We are now leaving communication to both sides solicitors.
Extending the lease to ACCC: When we first bought the KC site it was with the possibility in mind that the Drs surgery might close and we wanted to know that there would be Dr provision in the village. The Chair told the meeting that the current Drs surgery was considering expanding on the present site, reducing the pressure of the KC being needed for that specific purpose. The Chair has been approached to see if the Pc might consider putting the KC site for sale – the Chair informed the person that the PC is currently in agreement that they are working with ACCC to sign a lease for them to use the building.
Pc went into committee: all in agreement

(Redacted content)

Meeting came out of ‘committee’.

10. Planning
10.1 To consider comments on applications to be determined by Herefordshire Council as listed below or on the Herefordshire Council Planning website prior to the meeting.
220060: Agricultural building adjacent Hill Place, Ewyas Harold: Proposed change of use of agricultural building to a smaller dwelling house. As this was a Class Q application, the PC were not required to respond.

10.2 To note the applications determined by Herefordshire Council:- None

10.3 Discussion on S106 requirements in the future. The PC need to identify what they would like to have implemented should we have more that 10 houses built on any one plot.

10.4 Herefordshire Local Plan Consultation: Findings to be submitted by January 2022.
Action: clerk to recirculate the paperwork.

11. Recreation ground/pavilion:
Update on the rec, pavilion and play area. Including zip wire. Playground surface deterioration. Car park expansion.
MW;WL and the clerk met with a representative from Sovereign who implement MUGA. He measured the site and will come back with a quote for the site on the rec. He drew our attention to the fact that lighting and noise are often the biggest hurdles in getting these in place. He suggested that we use his quote to go out to other contractors to get like for like quotes.
The Rec Working Group are looking at putting it at the end of the football pitch before the second training area. Fairly close to the pavilion to utilise that facility.
There was then a discussion of match funding, looking at putting the benefactors donation to match any grants that might be available to raise extra monies.
Grass cutting tender is up, put on the website, facebook page and out to local contractors.

The installation of the zip wire has started today.

Herefordshire Fire Protection Services came today to check the fire extinguishers.

Action:- Clerk to get the grass cutting and lengthsman contracts out to the public.

12. Lengthsman
To receive an update and consider vital work required around the parish.
It was felt that the collapsed bank was the land owners responsibility. Clerk to approach the estate to see what they will do. Also liaise with the BB FO on this.

The piece at Rowlestone that has been resurfaced has a collapsed drain, BB has approved us to repair that through an extension of their drainage grants.

Lengthsman contract is due for renewal clerk will send out tender information.

13. Finance
The chair thanked the clerk and SP for their wok in putting together the data for the precept discussion.
13.1 Balance as in the Finance Committee minutes.
13.2 To authorise payments to be made as in the finance committee minutes.
13.3 To authorise regular payments (as listed in the finance committee minutes)
Action: Clerk to make these payments.

13.4 To confirm monies received: As listed in finance committee minutes.
13.5 Grant requests for consideration: None.
13.6 Discussion on precept for 2022-23
It was suggested that as we are carrying a generous amount of monies in our general reserve, we set the precept at £46,200 an increase of 5%. The rest of the budget will be met from the PC’s reserves.

Proposed to make this precept request making up the balance from reserves: PJ Seconded: SC all were in agreement.

Action: Clerk to submit the paperwork for the precept.

13 Garden at Dore Abbey:
To consider the request to assist with this. LO had volunteered to represent the PC on this working group. All supported her to do so.

14. Community Resilience Plan / Covid 19
CP had spoken to the chair, he will be approaching the PC individually in the coming months.

15. Roads
Road safety and improvements. Discussion about putting in more roundels on the roads.
Action: Clerk to continue to look for a date for Insp Ian Connolly from the Police to come to the Parish to look at speeding issues.

16. Discussion on how to conduct the clerks appraisal and salary review. Halc had offered to undertake this process. Clerk to copy the chair in on the request to HALC to do this.

17. Informing parishoners of the work of the GPC including social media.
AC will put out about the zip wire being put in place, Queens Jubilee ideas, mowing at the rec and the lengthsman retendering and how the process works. Precept.
Action : clerk to send in retendering info.

18. To raise matters for the next agenda : Queens Jubilee; Grass recutting tenders; lengthsman tender;
19. To note the date of the next scheduled meeting : 8th February 2022

Meeting closed at 21.22

Signed:_________________________________ Date: ________________

Future parish council meeting dates for 2022:

Dates for 2022 Tuesday 8th February 7pm Memorial Hall
Tuesday 8th March 7pm Memorial Hall
Tuesday 12th April 7pm The Pavilion
Annual meeting Tuesday 10th May 7pm The Pavilion
Tuesday 14th June 7pm The Pavilion
Tuesday 12th July 7pm The Pavilion
Tuesday 9th August (TBC) 7pm The Pavilion
Tuesday 13th September 7pm The Pavilion
Tuesday 11th October 7pm Memorial Hall
Tuesday 8th November 7pm Memorial Hall
Tuesday 13th December 7pm Memorial Hall